When trying to edit the navigation items in a site, I get the following error message:
"The page has been modified by another author on <time>"
.....even when I am 100% nobody is changing the navigation of this site.
The reason why I was editing the navigation was because some items were having some strange URL's:
After browsing on the Internet I found that this had been caused because I used the Content and Structure Manager to move a site. SharePoint has an issue, which is causing the behaviour above.
To solve this issue, do the following:
- Remove all of the Document Libraries and lists from the navigation by:
- Open the list/library you want to remove from the quick launch
- Click Settings > List Settings (or Library Settings)
- Click on Title, description and navigation
- Choose No for Display this list on the Quick Launch?
- Remove all corrupted navigation items
- Readd the Lists/Libraries