Monday, December 20, 2010

[MOSS2007/WSSv3] PowerShell Library - Dump all solutions

Today I am sharing a PowerShell script I have created to export all solutions that have been added to SharePoint Solution Deployment.

A while ago I visited a customer to troubleshoot an issue, however they did very little about any form of documentation. This meant that I had no way of determining exactly which version of solutions they had installed. Using this PowerShell script I was able to export all installed solutions and start testing using the actually installed solutions.

How to use the script:
  1. Download the PowerShell script
  2. Create a folder called "Solutions" in the same directory
  3. Run the script
  4. All solutions (wsp files) are downloaded to the Solutions directory

No comments: