I have seen many cases where IT puts the business before everything. They do pretty much everything to do what the business asks them to do, often without questions. Very often this resulted in projects turning into disasters:
- The business asks for more that they need
- They radically change their requirements when you just started the implementation
Then what is causing these kind of issues. Two reasons behind these drama’s are:
- The business doesn’t know what exactly they want.
- Result 1: They ask something else every day
- Result 2: They ask what they think they want
- Result: They ask for a technical solution which is not fitting their business need
This is not to question everything they do, but to get to know the true question behind the question. When all requirements are clear on all ends, projects can be executed easier and cheaper.